About our Medical Services:
- CHANGEpain's Medical Services require a referral. Patients enter our Core Program first, which is covered by MSP.
- Due to high demand, there may be significant wait times for these services.
- Patients may access these services for up to 1 year. CHANGEpain is unable to provide ongoing maintenance care through our Medical Services. Patients are welcome to access our Integrative Pain Services for ongoing care.
- CHANGEpain is a shared care clinic. You may see many providers, but they all have access to your medical records and your care plan.
- We may make referrals to complement our Medical Services. These may include our Integrative Pain Services.
- We work alongside your family physician and other specialists. We often provide recommendations that require your family physician's follow up. For example, we may make medication recommendations but will not prescribe directly.
CHANGEpain's Core Program:
CHANGEpain's Core Program consists of 5 major steps.
A consultation with one of our physicians: During the consultation, your physician will hear your story, conduct an examination, and create a care plan for you.
Group Medical Visits: During our 8-week Empowering You to CHANGEpain program you will learn more about chronic pain and the best ways to manage it. Our highly trained facilitators and physicians will discuss gold-standard self-management tools and strategies, and connect you with resources both inside and outside CHANGEpain.
Pain Treatments: Your physician will recommend pain treatments that they think you would benefit from. We always try the simplest, lowest risk treatments first. If you do not get benefit from these treatments, then we may refer you to more complex treatments. We call this our Layered Care Approach.
- Graduation: Our goal is that every CHANGEpain patient leaves the clinic with reduced pain and a sense of hope and empowerment.
*Note: You will complete steps 2 & 3 at the same time.