Nutrition To Change Pain
Length: 4 sessions Program Cost: $175
Full day intensive session also available - see below
You can attend in 2 ways!
- In person at CHANGEpain
- By video conference from your own computer or mobile device
Nutrition is important for people with persistent pain and for optimal health in general!
Changes in diet can reduce inflammation in the body, balance blood sugar levels and support the nervous system. Optimizing your diet can change your pain!
Over the course of 4 weeks, you will be introduced to simple nutrition concepts that can greatly impact your health. You will learn about:
- The link between the nervous system, chronic pain, and diet
- How to decrease stimulation of the nervous system through diet
- Foods that fight chronic pain and foods to avoid
- How digestion can affect chronic pain
- Healthy choices in each food group (carbohydrates, fats and protein)
- How to balance blood sugar levels through use of the glycemic index
- Food sensitivities and how to identify them
- The supplements that CHANGEpain recommends for pain management.
Your teacher will provide you with resources to take home and give you tips for implementing these changes at home. You will learn about how to eat healthy on a budget, and how to shop for healthy foods. You will also receive recipes and meal plans to try at home!
You should go if...
- Your provider recommends it
- You have persistent pain that isn't improving with conventional therapies
- You have allergies, skin conditions or irritable bowel issues that are not responding well to conventional therapies
- You have low energy
- If you want to learn more about incorporating whole food into your life!
Private Nutrition Consultation
Cost: $150 90 minute Consult and Recommendations
Cost: $125 60 minute follow up
Book a private nutrition consultation with Hanna Rakowska, Registered Holistic Nutritionist.
Optimizing the diet can have a significant impact on pain management. Hanna unites her knowledge of nutritional therapy with evidence-based dietary interventions specific to chronic pain in order to educate and help people dealing with pain.
Hanna focuses on multiple dietary risk factors for chronic pain, as well as simple nutrition concepts that can greatly affect overall health.
Hanna offers coaching in:
- Nutrition specific to your chronic pain condition
- Nutrition for other health conditions
- Meal planning
You should go if...
- You want an individualized assessment of and recommendations for your diet and supplements
- You want focused, private time to discuss your personal situation